Friday, September 13, 2013

How Good Has Your Life Been?


Assalamualaikum.

I admit, I've lost my blogging mojo. I used to write lots and lots and for hours too, and in desperate need to find a reason to compensate the lack of that, I chose to blame it on other social media sites- Facebook, Twitter, and especially Instagram. I mean, snapping a picture which is undeniably worth of a thousand words seems like a viable option as to writing a lengthy post about the little things that has been happening in my life. And well, I'm pretty sure most, if not all of us, are more keen in staring at beautifully edited pictures instead of read words and words which in the end, may not contribute in one's self development or whatever.

So, since my last update (which is pretty much five months back), I can say that there are major and minor changes in my life:


  • I moved out of my old apartment and moved into a new one. There's like a whole new story to tell (and honestly, it was really satisfying being able to retell the story again and again because it's just that appalling... might make a post about it though) but in a nutshell, I now occupy a house of seven people instead of six, I am roommates with a twenty-five year old puursuing her masters instead of staying alone, my territory now expands to the whole house instead of the expense of the tiny space I call my room, and I live with a bunch of loving girls- no, sisters who love each other for who we are and will definitely strike cold wars whenever their food in the pantry goes missing (oh yes I went there)
  • I have now started my third year as a degree student, and I have about a year and a half (?) to finish, InsyaAllah. Life has been hard now that my subjects are getting harder and grades are tougher to maintain. This semester I've used up my credit hour quota which is twenty credit hours, due to a minuscule, university subject that I missed in my second year. Ironically, that subject has the most assignments and it took up most of my time. So, my campus life nowadays has been far from 'ideal' - in fact, most of the time, it's sleep-class-lunch-class-sleep. And the cycle goes on.
  • I've been given a chance to volunteer as of lately. Sometime in June this year, I was given a chance to bring orphans and underprivileged kids to a recreational event in Shah Alam, and just recently, we organised another 'makan-makan' event with the same group of children at their centre.
  • I was also given a chance to be a volunteer in one of Mercy Mission's biggest events, Being Me 2013. It wasn't my first time volunteering for such an event, thus it wasn't too big of an introduction for me. I was in charge in promoting Mercy Mission's ongoing projects, mainly Charity Right, which is basically feeding the homeless and extremely poor with leftover food picked up from restaurants.
  • My housemates are such lovely beings- they help me in my self development. They make sure I never miss my prayers, they help me in reciting surahs that I'm usually poor at, and they encourage me to go to intellectual and spiritual talks. Within the expanse of four months, I have managed to attend at least five talks, which is indeed a self achievement for myself.
  • Farhan and I recently celebrated our two and a half year anniversary a few days ago. We're still going strong, mind you. We're comfortable with where we are, and I believe that we've gained enough trust in each other (though we still fight over the stupidest things ever)
  • I turned 21 last July! It's still hard to believe that I'm finally legal, and I'm an official adult. I've also had two birthday celebrations one by my housemates and another one by my lovely best friends. I've still not claimed my birthday present from my parents though. Currently formulating a mental wish list, don't you worry.
  • I recently discovered new hobbies (outdoor activities. Yes, that's a shocker)
  • And I also developed a new love towards thrift shopping as well as online shopping
Will be uploading pictures in a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment